African Ubora is seeking an experienced and mission-driven Digital Content Managing Editor for its African Vibes Magazine brand. The Editor will play a leadership role in the brand’s strategies for the creation and dissemination of online resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership of the content creation framework across all channels.
- Lead efforts to ensure African Vibes website and presence across platforms effectively serves our target audience.
- Manage content strategy and editorial calendar to ensure that Key Performance Indicators are being met
- Recruit, lead and manage content creators
- Develop and enforce style and process guides
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
- Has experience managing teams
- Has solid copy editing, proofreading, and English grammar editorial skills
- Is a content strategist and can develop a winning editorial strategy
- Is a rock star with SEO keyword research
- Is organized and efficient
- Is a quick learner and good leader.
- Is responsible and accountable.
- Can track and improve performance
- Is Comfortable with using WordPress
- Is Familiar with journalism standards such as the AP Style guide
- Knows how to work independently, collaboratively, and conscientiously to tackle tasks large and small
- Preferably, 2 plus years of post-college experience in news editing/writing.
- An understanding of the nuts and bolts of good journalism practices (i.e. fact-checking and copy-editing basics, correct sourcing methods, etc.)
- Must be computer literate and have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Possess experience with breaking news and deadline pressure.
- Have extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, primarily LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube
- Exhibit a working knowledge of current events relating to and impacting Africa and Africans across the globe.
- Proficient with G Suite, Trello and WordPress
- Comfortable with social media platforms primarily LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube
- 4-year degree in journalism preferred.
About African Vibes
AFRICANVIBES.COM (an African Ubora brand) is the pulse of the dynamic African culture, serving up a mix of celebrity, fashion and entertainment news along with in-depth profiles of the most influential and fascinating African personalities. AFRICAN VIBES Magazine reaches across the borders of national origin to engage the growing, affluent and powerful market of bi-cultural individuals who have a desire to stay connected to their African roots.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.